I have been involved with ecommerce since 1996 and absolutely love it. In my opinion, the biggest advantage is that doing business online expands your reach. You can be a tiny company and yet have customers all over the world. You not only help yourself, you also help those in need of your product especially if what you are selling is not in abundance.
Here is what I think are the advantages of doing business online:
- It expands your reach from local to national and international no matter how small a company you are.
- You can list a lot more products than you can squeeze in a store. You don’t even need a brick and mortar store to get started.
- Even if you are a traditional brick and mortar store, you can offer an expanded product line online
- If you are a traditional store, a robust online store will bring customers ready to buy to your store. They would have done their research online before they step into the store. If you are a busy store, you can move more customers through your store without increasing square footage.
- With a solid mobile strategy, you can even send out alerts to customers who are walking by and even those who are already in your store.
- With a good CRM tied into your online store, you can send online only specials to your customers and ship straight to them. No need to compete with neighboring stores. They don’t have to leave the house and you deliver.
- Participating on marketplaces like eBay, Etsy, Amazon etc. puts you in front of millions of additional customers, The more eyeballs view your products, the better you chances of success.
- If you are a restaurant, having an online ordering system will help spur take-out sales.
- If you encourage people to sign up to your mailing list or your social accounts like Twitter, you can tailor offerings based on the weather. Expecting cooler temperatures today, send out a blurb about a special on hot and sour soup or matzo ball soup. Your local team made it to the playoffs, invite people to watch the game at your sports bar and run a special on wings.
- Are you a lawyer? Don’t you think having a robust online presence will help you get overseas clients who are planning to setup a presence in your state. Maybe they need help with a legal matter against a company in your area and would like you to represent them.
I can’t think of any business that cannot benefit from having a robust online presence.
What are you waiting for? Call us or fill out the contact form and let’s get started.